I build deep tech at the intersection of biology, engineering and computer science.
I’m currently Chief Technology Officer and co-founder at Dynomics. We’re a startup focused on discovering targeted therapies to reverse heart failure using complex in silico and in vitro systems.
In a past life I studied cosmology and galaxy formation at the Kavli Institute at MIT, leading the Caterpillar Project, and was a contributor to the Illustris Project at the Center for Astrophysics at Harvard University.
I am based between San Francisco, CA and Brisbane, Australia.
- Computational Biology
- Systems & DBTL Engineering
- Astrophysics & Cosmology
- AI & Machine Learning
- Deep Tech
- National Parks
- Chief Technology Officer & co-founder @ Dynomics Inc. 2021 - present
- Chief Technology Officer & co-founder @ Scaled Biolabs Inc. 2017 - 2020
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Massachusetts Institute of Technology2013 - 2017
In starting these companies, I have been through two accelerator programs in SF.
- Boost VC (Tribe 13) — backing sci-fi founders.
- Indie Bio (Batch 4) — the world’s largest biotech investor.
- Ph.D. (computational astrophysics), University of Queensland2008 - 2012
- Bachelor of Science (+Hons.), University of Queensland2003 - 2007
More tools, especially bio focused, will be made available soon.
My full list of publications is available on Google Scholar.